Saturday, August 8, 2009

Four Seasons Nursery

Although the nursery is not completely finished, I wanted to post pictures of how it's looking so far. My goal was to create a gender-neutral modern nursery that won't be outgrown in a year or two. Pastels are just not my style! I had my heart set on orange and once I found the curtains, it cemented the "Four Seasons" theme. Since I spent hours searching the internet for bedding and nursery ideas and hated it when people posted pictures but never specified where they got everything, I'm going to list my sources for most of what is shown in these pictures. Click the collage to see a larger version.
  • Curtains: JORUN LÖV from Ikea
  • Black Curtain Rods and holdbacks: Walmart (not available online)
  • Paint: Badger Brown from Ace Hardware
  • Crib, changing table, bookshelf, and black glider chair with ottoman: garage sales!
  • Crib mattress and Diaper Genie: from Once Upon a Child
  • Orange crib sheets and changing pad cover: Carousel Designs on babybedding.com
  • Black Eyelet Totes: from Bed, Bath & Beyond
  • Orange "leather" totes: from Hobby Lobby with an online coupon
  • Seasonal cutouts: leaves, snowflake and acrylic paint from Hobby Lobby, pineapple from a disassembled napkin holder I got for 10 cents on a garage sale. I threaded black ribbon from a hole in each cutout and hung it on a cup-hook from the hardware store that we screwed into...
  • 10" square black shelves: from Hobby Lobby (waited until shelves were 50% off)
  • Black Eyelet Totes: from Bed, Bath & Beyond
  • Orange "leather" totes: from Hobby Lobby with an online coupon
Once the room is complete (we're still looking for a hamper, end table and lamp), I'll try to post a finished picture!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

You definitely achieved your goal of gender-neutral and modern. Looks great! The $9.99 touch lamp from Wal-mart would work/look great I'm tellin' ya!

cobo said...

The touch lamp is on our registry but we'll go get it if we don't get it as a gift. Now we need an end table to set it on! I'm not convince that if we trade in the one from Bed Bath & Beyond where the drawers don't fit that we won't have the same problem again.

MT said...

WOW - I love it! It really came together nice. :) You've done a lot since I've seen it last.