Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Meeting

On June 20, 21, and 22, I attended the Annual Summer Meeting for my new job. This year's theme was "Cowboy Up" and we were told to dress in cowboy attire for the Monday night picnic. Nothing like meeting your new co-workers for the first time, dressed like a cowgirl!  Good thing I had two handsome cowboys to accompany me.


We all stayed at the hotel on Monday night, but decided trying to get Ryan to sleep in a Pack & Play in the same room as us was a lost cause.


We ended up tucking him in the King Size bed between us and turning out the light at 8:15! Once the boys were asleep, I turned the light back on and read for a long time...but part of me could get used to going to bed that early!

The next day Adam left with Ryan and I attended meetings, meals, and a vendor fair all day. It was a great chance to get a feel for the organization and meet a lot of people. Adam joined me for the Awards Banquet and comedian at night, but then left again Wednesday morning while I finished up my meetings. Joe Gibbs gave the keynote speech that day and it was a great wrap-up to a good event.  I'm looking forward to next year's meeting, though, held at the Kalahari in the Wisconsin Dells!

No comments: