Friday, October 24, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 38 weeks

I realized that I haven't taken many "bump pics" this pregnancy, mostly because I don't have a great mirror, so most of these are in various hotels/places I've been with better mirrors! I feel like I am carrying a bit higher/more in front this time and even though I've gained 30 pounds and feel like I am running out of things to wear, I'm actually trending 8lbs less than my other 2 pregnancies, so I'm not too worried about losing it again.

14 weeks
18.5 weeks
25 weeks
29 weeks
37 weeks
Everything's been going pretty well lately with just the common complaints of aching joints (especially hips), lots of heartburn, dry eyes, being tired and hungry all the time, and a little swelling, but the swelling seems to either be less or maybe just holding off more than last time. After the possibilities I was expecting when I still had previa, I am completely fine with these symptoms because I know they are minor compared to what many other women face. I've had some trouble with my left wrist (tendonitis/carpal tunnel) and wore a brace for 3-4 weeks but it's really something I've had for 2 years and am just trying to minimize the pain and discomfort.

Now that I'm 2 weeks away from my due date, I feel like I'm getting mentally and physically ready. I am finally prepared at home with supplies, clothes, gear, etc. and just concentrating on trying to get ready to be gone from work, although I don't know that I'll ever really feel ready there.  It's been an exhausting Fall with Adam's school and coaching schedule so I'm looking forward to everything slowing down for all of us and looking forward to celebrating holidays with our new little one! It won't be long now!



No comments: