Sunday, April 19, 2009

Never Underestimate the Power of a Pregnant Woman with a Craving

I've had trouble lately coming up with things that sound good to eat. I tend to crave spicy things, so Friday night I had the Chicken Poblano soup and Enchilada pasta at Ground Round. Last night I made my old standby, Chicken Taco Stew, which is black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, corn, Rotel, tomato sauce, taco seasoning, and shredded chicken. No wonder my doctor doesn't give a lot of sympathy for my heartburn troubles! Tonight, though, I came home facing another meal alone (DH is at the Twins game) and the ONLY thing I felt like eating was a hot dog. Now, I do not normally eat hot dogs--it was not a staple growing up, and I will not eat them microwaved or boiled. I tried starting the grill, but for some reason I just couldn't get it to light.  

Desperate, but determined, I spotted our fire ring in the backyard and decided I would build a fire and roast my hot dog!  I did just that--even climbing up to the storage loft in the garage to retrieve the roasting sticks. I sat outside by myself, roasting the hot dogs to blackened perfection, then put out the fire and added chips and watermelon for a perfect indoor picnic-for-one!

Now we'll see what I'm going to do about that peanut butter cup blizzard craving!

2 comments:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Nice! Funny thing--I crave hot dogs once in a while when I'm pregnant, too. I never get that desparate, though. I usually settle for the microwave. ;o)

MT said...

Hey - you started blogging again! I am so excited. I had almost given up on you!

And after reading everything - I can't believe we "missed" your b-day and anniversary. I am so bad at that! Hope it was great!

Anyway - glad you're back at it!