Saturday, May 30, 2009

Custom Baked

After dabbling in learning different frosting techniques from some books and supplies I received for Christmas, I've recently had my first two official cake customers! I am far from being a pro at this, but have enjoyed trying new things. I'm definitely not ready to invest in this as a major income source, but am open to taking orders as my schedule allows.

The first cake was for a co-worker of my mother-in-law's birthday, to share with their classroom at school. It is White Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting and Buttercream/Royal Icing decorations.

The second cake was a 40th Anniversary Cake for a friend's parents. The flavor is "Perfect Chocolate Cake" with "Fluffy Chocolate Frosting" and Buttercream decorations. It was my first attempt at rosebuds and I think the frosting was too thin/warm. Sometime I'll have to try my hand at full-blown roses on a nail!




1 comment:

MT said...

The cake was delicious - or so I was told! It went so fast that I didn't get a piece. The other "bakery" cake was left - and only a few pieces were out of that one - no one seemed real interested in that one - especially since the good one was sitting right next to it. :) Next time we'll order 2 of the "good ones!" :) Thanks!