Tuesday, July 28, 2009

31 Weeks

Tomorrow will mark exactly 2 months until my due date. We also have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow so I am very excited about seeing the little one for the first time since he/she was a tiny snowman with a spine back in week 13! We are not going to find out the sex but I'd love to find out how I'm measuring and the position of the baby so I can identify all the weird pokes and bumps he/she is creating in my belly!

Baby movement is still profound, but I'm happy as long as it hasn't discovered my ribs yet. I am getting slightly uncomfortable with my newfound girth and am always hungry, then immediately full after starting to eat. Don't worry, I'm finding the motivation to pack away brownies with mint chip ice cream and corn on the cob...sometimes in that order.

The nursery walls are painted, the curtains are hung, and the sheets are here, but I still have a few decorating decisions to make before posting pictures. I did end up registering at Walmart last Friday night. Fiascos (as there always are at Walmart on Friday night) included incompetent customer "service" who screwed up the scanner, a "friendly associate" who was not even aware of the fact that Walmart had registries, but thought the scanner I was asking about was "so cool", and the lady in front of us at the checkout presenting an invalid coupon, causing the cashier to have to wait for a manager to assist her, then individually void 40+ packets of Tide To-Go. No joke. I think I inherited the "Murphy's Law of Checkout Lanes gene" from my mother.

Anyway, back to more pleasant memories. This is the dress I wore to my friend C's wedding on July 11. It was a great time seeing some old HS friends. Has it really been 9 years since we graduated?

No comments: