Sunday, April 11, 2010

Good-bye, Variety

On Saturday, Ryan and I took a stroller ride downtown to visit the library. I had also been enticed by the big "Going Out of Business" signs and ads I'd seen for the Variety store and, always on the lookout for a bargain, thought I should check it out. Me and 27 other people. I was disappointed the big sales was just 20% off and when Easter M&M's are $3.99 a week after the holiday, that isn't enough for me to go crazy.  I tend to have a few "staple" purchases by which I judge an entire store's pricing policy and holiday M&M's are one of them. 
 Although it was a tight squeeze with the stroller, I did end up with one purchase just because I know I want one of these for Abbie's pool this summer and I do not want to spend 45 minutes driving and equal time searching Walmart for it later on.
I do feel kind of bad that the store is going out of business as I was not a good local shopper and did not frequent it often. In the 5 years I've lived here, I'm not sure I've ever bought more than a greeting card (2 for $1, so you pretty much can't beat that for graduation cards and other cards that no one actually reads).

No comments: