Thursday, April 15, 2010

Having a Ball

We just started playing "ball" with Ryan and he seemed to grasp the concept (if not the ball). Sometimes I think his successful "catches" were just extremely delayed attempts at catching the previous, roll, but of course we think he's a genius for accidentally extending his arms at the right time.

This is Ryan concentrating.
This is Ryan blinded by my flash while attempting to catch a ball.

Here is Ryan proud of his successful catch! 

I should probably explain the ball in question. Ironically we call it the "Question-a-ball" and we created it to use for a small group ice-breaker. I wrote all kinds of random questions on it and we toss it to someone in the group. They catch it and whatever section their right thumb lands on is the one they have to answer for the group. Here are some examples of the questions:

  • What TV show do you watch but are embarrassed to admit it? I will never forget when one wife revealed that her highly educated husband with a very professional career was a secret watcher of the MTV dating show "Next"!
  • If you could only drive 1 vehicle for the rest of your life, would you drive a skidloader or a tandem bike? I've driven both and would have the pick the bike since I've never almost fallen into a manure pit while driving one of those which cannot be said of the other.
  • What movie has made you cry? Hope Floats, Good Will Hunting, Armageddon, Marley and Me, We are Marshall, Pearl Harbor, The Notebook are the first that come to mind. I try not to watch sad movies.
  • If you had a cat, what would you name it? This one always gets some interesting responses. My favorite answer was "Dog".
  • If you could go on vacation for a month, where would you go? Alaska, hands down, and it will happen someday.
  • What is your ideal time to go to bed and wake up? Ideal is 10 and 8, reality is 11 and 5:30, so I better end this post and get on to the next so I can hit the hay on time tonight.




1 comment: