Saturday, October 2, 2010

Target Field Baseball Stadium Cake

 Ryan was a big helper mixing up his cake!

 I made the "Old Fashioned Devil's Food Cake" recipe from Chocolate from The Cake Mix Doctor in a 9x13 pan. Then, I cut it in a rounded diamond shape for the field and two more rounded shapes to stack for the bleachers. Then I ate the outside corners that were left :).
The cake was frosted with buttercream frosting (Wilton's recipe, except I use half vanilla/half almond flavoring) and I used Lindor white chocolate truffles for the bases.


 The "fans in the stands" are mini M&M's and the home run line is a Rips Whips. The scoreboard and Minnesota sign are just printed and stuck in with kabob skewers. The jumbotron screen says "You are Hereby Circled" and Ryan is holding a sign that says "It's My 1st Bert-Day!"

 The back of the stadium bears the Twins logo in frosting.


The party-goers seemed to enjoy the cake and we are enjoying what's left of the infield!

My favorite comments of the night were:
"I want the baseball cake." ~Emily 
After handing him a slice of left field: "Sweet, that's where Delmon Young plays." ~Wade 
"What is the difference between Chocolate Cake and Devil's Food? We are so discussing this in the teacher's lounge Monday." ~Abbie

1 comment:

The Dude said...

Given the temperatures for night playoff games in Minnesota, it should have been an ice cream cake. Just sayin....