Thursday, November 11, 2010

7 Wonders of Northwest Iowa Kitchens

Since my last post bestowing the title of "7th Wonder of Northwest Iowa Kitchens" on Ho-Ho Bars, I've been thinking of what the full list would look like. So, here they are, in no particular order.


  1. Ho-Ho Bars
  2. Homemade Chili and Cinnamon Rolls (if you're a life-long NW Iowan, you might not realize that others think this combination is odd)
  3. Taverns (not BBQs, loosemeats, Maid-rights, or Manwiches)
  4. Pizza Ranch (the go-to answer for any "don't feel like cooking" occasion)
  5. Dried Beef and Cheese Spread on Rusk Buns
  6. Church Soup and Pie Suppers
  7. Snicker Salad and our ability to justify its placement in the "salad" category 
What would you add to the list?

3 comments:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Love it! I can't think of anything else to add, but it sure makes me hungry!!

The Van Aartsen Adventures said...

Scotcheroos. And for the record, I've never had Ho Ho Bars. But then again, I went to the Tulip Festival for the first time in my life this past summer...

Anne said...

Cheri Meyn's Munch Mix??