Friday, November 5, 2010

Ryan's First Trip to the "Zoo"

Look at the smile on that kid's face. And I'm not talking about the one in the stroller.

As soon as I saw that Adam's brother lives mere minutes from Cabela's, alarm bells started going off in my frugal mind...until I came up with a plan. I look forward to the day when Ryan is about 7 and all his friends are raving about going to the Henry Doorly Zoo and Ryan's going to be like, "Yeah, I go to see the animals too, and the aquarium. The stuffed moose is my favorite...and the geese flying overhead, they're neat too." Because basically my plan is to convince him that Cabela's IS the zoo so we can go for free instead of shelling out the big bucks just to see some emu and elephants. If he's lucky, I might even buy him some kettle corn in the parking lot. Or better yet, a stick of the finest beef jerky preservatives can preserve.

Another great thing about this zoo is that you can get closer to the bear cage!


Unfortunately, any money saved on fake zoo visits will probably be spent on hunting and/or fishing gear at Cabela's.



Because there are basic necessities when you're hunting wascally wabbits.

No comments: