Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The Good: It's warming up!

The Bad: Last night was the thickest fog I've ever had the unfortunate luck to have to drive through. I had a late meeting at camp and was [literally] blind sided by the fog as I left the rolling hills and winding curves of the IA/SD border. At one point Adam called to ask where I was and the only reference I had was that my trip counter had ticked off 13 miles since the last town. I got home after 11:00 and I had to pull over to take a "gag in a snowbank" break since I was totally motion-sick from staring at the rushing 2 feet I could see in front of my bumper.

The Ugly: I'm sparing you an actual photo, but let me paint you a word picture. Everyday when I drive to and from work, there is a stretch of road less than a mile long that has not one, not two, but FIVE deer carcasses in varying states of decay, ranging from a Bambie-esque fawn who looks like she's taking a snooze to a four-months-deceased doe whose four legs (more specifically, only the half above the knees) are sticking out of the snowbank into the air like they just don't care.  If you think that's a little too graphic, try seeing it every day. For reals.

1 comment: