Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Day Cards

Ryan's daycare does a Valentine's exchange and since he isn't much help in picking out cards (he may have picked out My Little Pony cards based on the horse images), I picked out cards that fit his current interest. Walmart had basketball cards that fold up into a mini hoop and ball and Ryan had fun trying them out. Parents might not appreciate the NASA-like folding instructions, but I figure if they just look at it once and throw it away, it's not different than just a regular card they'd do the same thing to.  Ryan will be giving out balloons in his cards since I couldn't figure out a good candy to give to 1-year-olds. Ironic, I know, being "that parent" that doesn't give out candy, but I didn't think the popping candy our company markets for classroom exchanges was going to work for 1-year-olds and it's hard for me to buy other brands! I hope Ryan has fun at his first Valentine's party!

1 comment:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

You weren't kidding about assembling the basketball valentines, but I got 'r done. Thanks for the fun stuff!