Sunday, April 17, 2011

Birthiversary Weekend

Saturday was my 29th birthday and Sunday was our 7th anniversary! Adam has always remembered that part of the deal of agreeing to get married one day after my 22nd birthday was that there would be no "combining" birthday and anniversary gifts/meals. So, this year he arranged for us to go away for a night for our anniversary. He had grand plans for biking, hiking, and picnicking but the sub-40-degree temps put a serious cramp in those plans. Instead, we dropped Ryan and Nika off at Adam's parents, had a wonderful lunch at Panera Bread, then caught a matinee of Soul Surfer. We loved the movie and highly recommend it!

After the movie we went to the mall for the first time in years so I could spend the birthday money from my mom on some new clothes. I was joking with my co-workers the other day that I should probably take the hint when my mom insists I buy new clothes (and gives me the money to do it). I did end up finding some respectable work clothes at Maurice's and then we got out of the insanity of the Sx Falls mall on a Saturday and checked into our hotel.

Adam brought me to Foley's for my birthday and it was nice to have a calm, quiet, delicious meal that didn't involve picking Ryan's fork off the floor or elbowing Nika to keep her down from the high chair.  We decided to stop at Cold Stone for dessert and although I cannot recommend the Rich Mocha Sweet Cream Blended Latte that I had, Adam loved his cake batter with peanut butter cups. Obviously.

I got to open my birthday gift on Saturday night and Adam surprised me with a Kindle! I was very surprised and very happy (and it negated the "no combining birthday and anniversary gifts" rule).


It was delightful to sleep in the next morning but after breakfast we checked out and did some more shopping. We couldn't find a Chinese restaurant that didn't look 6 kinds of shady, so we decided to go to HuHot for lunch. Adam had never experienced this "build your own stir-fry" Mongolian grill before and loved it!

We headed back to Hometown and enjoyed supper and Ho-Ho bars with Adam's parents. They also gave me a purple M-Edge Kindle jacket! Now I just have to download some books and find time to read! Seriously it will be so handy, though, when I travel and especially for reading outside like on vacation this summer.

Thanks, Adam, for planning a lovely weekend, for my Kindle, and most of all for 7 wonderful years of marriage! I love you!

1 comment:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Happy Birthday and Anniversary! I meant to leave a wall post yesterday, but really didn't make it to the computer. Congrats on the Kindle! I think you'll love it. It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend away. Good for you!

P.S. After 3-4 visits I've just decided I plain don't like anything from Cold Stone Creamery. :op