Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stuff Christians Like: Top Ten

Since writing six thank-you notes, balancing my checkbook (a.k.a. using the online bank statement to write in my registry every debit card transaction, automatic payment and online bill-pay for the past 2 months), updating my Microsoft Money and ING accounts, and planning my entire financial future took up the majority of my night after the munchkin went to bed,  I'm too tired to go edit photos or write funny blog posts, so I'll leave it in the hands of my new favorite blog author, Jon Acuff.

I've now mentioned him for the 87th time so if you're still on the fence about reading Stuff Christians Like, I highly recommend today's post which lists the Top 10 Posts of All Time. It gives you a taste of what people like about Stuff Christians Like. If you don't like it (and you might not), I will classify your sense of humor as "cautious" bordering on "I watch the Red Green Show." If you think he's a genius, you may rank up there with "smart satire" bordering on "I feel guilty for reading Hyberbole and a Half because of all the swearing a such but dang it's funny stuff."

My favorite Jon Acuff post is Understanding how metrosexual your worship leader is (a handy guide).  I haven't been to Orchard Hill in a while, but history shows they'd have 1 or 2 guys ranking right up there. Adam used to be a worship leader in our church and he ranks about a 1 only because he wears jeans and we recently gave away his Grizzly Adams shirt which was navy, not red and black. But it's funny to think of him rocking a scarf and white belt.

And if you're 45+ and have never heard of the term metrosexual, do not panic and think your high-ranking worship leader is into guys.  He's most likely not. Read the definition of a "metro" in Urban Dictionary.

And then promise you'll never use any words from Urban Dictionary in public.

Although I did love one of their words of the day:
intaxication: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.

1 comment:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

I downloaded SCL as a free audio book a long time ago but have never listened to it. I just finished reading all 10 of Jon's Top-Ten posts. I can't wait to listen now!

Intaxication is a good one.

P.S. I got my new iPhone yesterday and played an entire game of Words With Friends with Mom last night.