Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ryan & Lincoln

Lincoln (bird legs) and Ryan (fence post) watching the hot air balloon (tiny speck above Ryan's head) from the gazebo in our backyard.
I was going to crop this picture and make the post just about the "hot balloon" the boys were watching, but my favorite part of this picture is my grandma watching two of her great-grandsons make grand discoveries.
No one would mistake them for twins, but I think these two will have a lot in common (like their mothers making them divide their nickels into Savings, Tithe, and Spending and probably having to take piano lessons whether they like it or not.)
There is lots to discover in the big, big, backyard when you have views like the Fareway parking lot and the dumpster at the Nederlander. Sounds like an episode of Dora to me. Let's go exploring! Who can spot the Frito-Lay's delivery truck? Is there anyone bringing cans to the redemption trailer? Don't go near the power station! Okay, so I don't watch Dora and I'm guessing there's more Spanish and monkeys and less cul-de-sacs.
Grandma and Grandpa sure love their grandsons (and grand-daughter) and grandchild-to-come. But as you saw in the previous post, getting them all in a picture is about as likely as the Twins making the playoffs (but thanks for your loyalty, Dad).

It was fun having my family over for supper in our new house-we enjoyed the fellowship and the food turned out well (although next time I'll have a strong urge to just order pizza). So glad they could come over and it's always a treat for Ryan to play with his cousins! He got to spend all of Thursday with them and even got to introduce the Splash Pad to Lincoln and Emily. What a fun time for "the little guys" as Emily calls them.



No comments: