Sunday, October 12, 2008

Halloween Cake


Here's some pictures of my Halloween Cake for work, showcasing
 some of our Halloween candies.

The base cake is a Texas Sheet Cake and the "hill" is a Chocolate Coconut Macaroon Bundt cake with Fluffy Chocolate Frosting (recipe from the Chocolate Cake Mix Doctor) with toasted tinted coconut.

The word "Aftershocks", which is our popping candy (great trick-or-treats!), is made of sugar cookies with buttercream frosting.

The haunted house is made of sugar cookies and graham crackers, frosted in bright colors. The house is cracking in two because of the earthquake ("Aftershocks").


The crack from the "quake" extends through the house, hill, and bottom cake. The Boogeyman sucker is trying to keep from falling in the crack using his Crazy Bones arms and legs. Mr. Bones, the gummy skeleton is also trying to find
 stable ground.




2 comments:

MT said...

Cute - I hadn't seen this blog until I accidentally looked at the bottom of the page! Love the cake. You should win prizes for that one! I'm sure that took a couple minutes to put together!

Love the water post also! Sounds like me!!! LOL! I don't know why I am gaining weight!!!! :)

Had a great time last night - think we are all a good fit! See ya next week.

Life of the Lorenzens said...

That's amazing! Are you coming for Emily's birthday? Can you help me decorate her cake?!? Please!!!

P.S. Just so you know, Emily called Traci "Courtney" for two days in DM this weekend. ;o)

P.P.S. Mom needs you to allow annonymous comments so she can post b/c her Google login isn't working.