Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Search Engine, My Friend

Ever wish you had an ultra-cool friend with boundless knowledge on endless topics who is willing to answer any question, no matter how trivial, at any moment's notice?

I have such a friend. Her name is Google.

And it is a "her". Who else, when asked "Do these shoes match these pants? would give you 2.72 million answers in 0.30 seconds?

I use Google for everything--calculations, measurement conversions, sports scores, movie times, recipes, competitive research, winning bets, and to satisfy ANY curious question that comes to mind. Here's an abbreviated history of my *actual* recent search history:
  • irs mileage rate
  • recipe for leftover bread
  • convert 1440g to oz
  • woodchuck
  • steve irwin ray
  • sondra cosby show pilot
  • walkington pink
  • windows media player add to library
  • countrywide mortgage complaints
  • free translator
  • haunted house cake
  • definition binding
I could provide an explanation of the circumstance and result of each of these searches, but it's more fun for you to use your imagination. Are you addicted to Google too? Tell me about it.

2 comments:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Okay--so why haven't you advertised this new blog yet? I accidentally found it when I happened to click on your new profile picture. I'm laughing so hard I literally have tears coming out of the corners of my eyes. I was having a bad day and this was totally a gift from God. I'm going to look forward to this one even more than Small Town Saver! Are you addicted to blogging now, too?? ;o)

Love you lots!!

Life of the Lorenzens said...

P.S. Ever since our last conversation with Google I have been using it more and more, too. I think it's one of the greatest inventions in the last 10 years! :o)