Sunday, July 4, 2010

Monster Cookie Bars

Monster Cookie Bars
1/2 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
1-1/2 c. peanut butter
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
4-1/2 c. quick oatmeal
3/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 c. M&Ms.

Mix the first 7 ingredients well, then add oatmeal, chocolate chips and M&Ms. Mix and press into greased jellyroll pan. Bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.

This recipe was requested after the bars disappeared quickly at a 4th of July BBQ! I think they are just as good as monster cookies, but take way less time. I usually under-bake them a little bit, taking them out when the edges are just starting to turn golden. I leave them in the pan to cool for an hour or so, then cut and store in tupperware.  I use the Pampered Chef large bar pan (do not grease), but a sprayed jellyroll will work fine too.

2 comments:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

This looks almost identical to my monster cookie recipe. Bars definitely sound a lot easier. I'll have to try that next time!

P.S. I like the new blog look. :o)

cobo said...

It is the "M&M Bars" recipe from the newer ARC church cookbook--Loreen's recipe. Although Abbie just informed me that it is her and Wade's recipe. So THANKS WADE AND ABBIE!