Friday, July 30, 2010

Vacation: Fishing

Spending time on the lake was Adam's favorite part of vacation. Although he can't wait for Ryan to get a little bigger to become his #1 fishing buddy, there was no lack of fishing partners this weekend with his Uncle, cousin, dad, (and even me!) going out to cast a line or two.

I'm not much of a fishing partner. I don't bait my own hook nor take off my own fish, and I tend to tune out after someone starts a conversation about the dive depth of a Rapala or the nuances of water temperature, depth, and underwater structure on the behavior of large mouth bass. My biggest fishing accomplishment was the new sport I invented, called "Underwater Lure Gymnastics".

Adam was super-impressed.

In all, I caught exactly 2 fish. I snagged a small walleye while trolling and also got the big ol' sunny! You can tell I only bring out my best outfits to fish in, since I know for a fact I bought this shirt 12 years ago.

The rest of the crew was a little more successful, so although there were no trophy fish this year, we did have a very nice meal of panfish, bass, and northerns.

The lake was beautiful, even if the fishing wasn't that prolific.

No comments: