Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Quick Favs

Favorite thing spotted in a Hy-Vee parking lot this week: A Boston terrier who was mad about being left in a car on a hot day (rightfully so). So, he was sitting in the driver's seat with front paws on the wheel, not only barking, but HONKING, at people passing by.

Favorite facebook status I read today: Today we talked about David and Goliath at camp. I asked my campers if they would be afraid to fight a giant. Most of them said yes...One camper told me "No, I wouldn't be afraid. I would take my dad's nunchucks and hit him in the crotch..." What are parents teaching their kids today?


Favorite time spent with our beagle tonight: Holding her jaws open while Adam extracted a bobby pin she managed to wedge across the roof of her mouth, braced against each row of teeth. Dumb Dog.

Favorite "deal" made with my husband tonight:  You can grow a mustache like Pavano when you get a signed pitching contract with the Minnesota Twins. Or when you buy a cabin in Alaska and live there all summer. He thought the cabin was more likely, but I said, "Dude, have you seen The Rookie?"

1 comment:

The Dude said...

1. Had a laugh picturing Nika wearing one of those orthodontic appliances with a neck strap.

2. Another idea for Adam....a Pavano upstairs, and a Gardenhire downstairs.