Sunday, August 15, 2010

Crawling & Cruising

After holding out on the crawling for just long enough to make me a little nervous, Ryan has finally become Mr. Mobile!  He started crawling by pushing off with his right foot and landing on his left knee/lower leg, then pushing off again. This created a half bear-crawl/half real crawl that was a little lopsided, made his whole left leg get floorburn, and usually resulted in him flopping to his stomach in seal position in order to reach out for whatever he was going after.  After about 2 weeks of this, he is finally figuring out that left knee/right knee is a little faster and less lopsided.

Tonight we were playing with his Fisher-Price Stride-To-Ride Lion and since he loves to walk/run while holding on to our fingers, I decided to try the "Stride" part of the Lion and see what happened. We were pretty surprised! 

I'm sorry the videos are are separate below, but I currently hate youtube and can't figure out how to get a custom player like I used to have with the videos down the side. Maddening and as it approaches 11pm, it makes me even more frustrated.  So, here are 4 videos. If you don't have time for all of them, just be sure to watch the "Lion Cruising 3" video all the way to the end---I love how he looks into the camera at the end!







No comments: