Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Jello Stapler Fail



It's not like I didn't do my research people. I didn't go to www.jellostapler.com for nothing. I followed the [should be] patented "dental floss" technique. I perused the gallery YES I SAID GALLERY of other people putting staplers (and mugs, name plates, a computer mouse, a gift card, etc.) in jello. I fondly thought of the Office episode where Jim puts Dwight's stapler in jello and Michael tries to think of "something with pudding" to one-up Ryan's "put him in custardy". I recalled the nervousness I felt for Jim when he found out Andy was not as amused by the calculator-in-jello trick, especially when Andy kicked that waste basket.  I imagined in my mind a perfect end result so I could proudly display my blue [non Swingline] stapler encased in delicious Fastco brand strawberry gelatin that has been in my Jello drawer for over 3 years. (Wait, does not everyone have a Jello drawer? Where else do you keep your tin foil, toothpicks, and sandwich bags?) I visualized triumphantly uploading a picture of my masterpiece to www.jellostapler.com so it could live on in the gallery of geeks who are fans of the Office like me.

But alas. Fail.

Too bad, Jello Stapler, because I've always been your biggest flan.

No comments: