Friday, September 2, 2011

Football Friday Night!

Guess who was excited to go to his first live football game?  Hint: He has blond hair and could very well be the "mascot" of the Dutchmen, but wait, that job is already taken by their new mascot, Floyd Jr. And yes, I realize our team isn't the Panthers, but I don't have any shirts for him yet and the UNI purple pride fit right in.

Tonight was the first home game and we ate at the tailgate, then joined the 10+ member posse there to cheer for my cousin, Colin.  Ryan loved the atmosphere of the stadium (okay, bleachers, but someday N-dub...someday).  He started listing all his known football terms.."Hike! Hike! Kick it! Throw it high in the sky! Catch it! Run, Run, Run, Go Dutch!"  After he tired of me, he had plenty of willing laps for the rest of the night, especially my cousin, Juliana.

MOC-FV vs. Sheldon
I took Ryan home after the 3rd quarter since he seemed to be getting tired (and squirmy) but he caught a second wind and had a great time running back to the car showing me all his football moves, including the crucial "tuck and run".  When we got home, he practiced a few tackling moves on Nika and did a few more "hikes" but eventually he settled down enough to go to bed.

I think he'll enjoy football season and we look forward to many more trips across the street to the games!


No comments: