Friday, September 23, 2011

Pumpkin Land 2011

On Friday night, Adam went to the Away football game and it was a gorgeous weather, so Ryan and I were looking for something fun to do outside. Hoping it would be a little less busy than the crazy Saturdays, we decided to go out to Pumpkin Land.

First, we checked out the pumpkins and crafts and saw how Ryan "measured up" vs. last year! He's almost 3 pumpkins high, but still has the same apprehensive "is that giant Jack-O-Lantern going to get me" look.
Next, we looked at all the animals, including the kitties, bunnies, goats, geese, sheep, ducks, chickens and llamas. I wish I had a picture of the pregnant goat because I came home that night and told Adam "that is one weird-looking goat." He immediately launched into the SNL parady where the "wildlife expert" keeps saying about the goat,  "That is one weird dog. That dog keeps looking at me." Anyone else remember that one? [ Thanks, JPK, for filling in the blank to add "Hi, I'm Brian Fellows." ]
 Ryan also liked playing in all the "play houses" on the grounds. He loved opening the windows and doors, looking through the telescope on the pirate ship, and filling the sink with rocks.
 We didn't do the big corn maze, but just ran through the little kids maze to check it out.
I'm sure we'll make another trip this fall to pick out pumpkins, but for now, this was a fun little outing for us and a great way to spend some time outside. Thanks, Pumpkin Land!

1 comment: