Saturday, February 4, 2012

Horses and Tigers and Cows, Oh My!

On Saturday, we made some masks out of a paper plate. Ryan colored it orange or brown and I added the holes/outline--and no, that horse does not have a mustache, it's supposed to be his nose/top of his lip.

He had a great time running around yelling "boo!" in his mask. One of his favorite pretend-games is to play "baby tiger" so I thought he'd actually want to act like a tiger, but he was more into the "mask" part than the "tiger" part.

The other thing we made was a sock-puppet of a cow out of a holey sock. I just quickly drew with some permanent markers and I was amazed at how much Ryan loved it. He talked right to the puppet and wanted it to play with him. He only wanted the cow to talk, not mommy or daddy.
"C'mon, Cow! Let's go play!"


No comments: