Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ryan: 3 Years, 10 Months


Ryan has enjoyed the month of July with great weather for outdoor activities. He made 2 trips to Minnesota and one to Omaha this month. He also got to spend lots of time with Daddy playing outside, fishing, playing baseball or at the park, and going for walks.

I don't have a lot of comparison, but I feel like Ryan has a pretty extensive vocabulary for a 3-year-old, but sometimes he gets things a little jumbled or is overly dramatic. Here are a few recent quotes:

I was letting Ryan place the order at the Fareway meat counter:
What he said: 2 Charcoal Snakes
What he meant: 2 Charcoal Steaks

Ryan wondering if he can take the bug he caught home:
What he said: Grandma, can I take home the quesadilla?
What he meant: Can I take home the cicada?

After I cleared my throat and Ryan repeated my answer to what was in my throat:
What he said: You have eucalyptus in your froat?
What he meant: You have mucus in your throat?

Ryan was describing a hold in the ground at the park:
What he said: I think a chickmunk dug it.
What he meant: Chipmunk

One night I must have left his Bible Stories CD on Repeat instead of Repeat All because he yelled up the stairs, "Mommy, something is wrong with the CD. It keeps going "Young Hero and the Horrible Giant", "Young Hero and the Horrible Giant" again and again and again. It's getting boringer and boringer!"

When he was at a new daycare one day and they served mandarin oranges, he declared, "These taste NAAAAsty." The other little girls mouths dropped because they aren't even allowed to say anything is "yucky" or that they don't like something. When the lady explained to Ryan later that he should just say "No thank-you" or "I'll pass," he said "They were dis-gust-ing, but I gagged them down." Oh boy. We have some work to do on table manners.

When I attempted to help him with Nika on a walk, "Mommy, I got this."

While riding his "big wheel" down the street "racing" against Cohen in the stroller:
"I'm going to give it all I got....50 miles per hour!!"

Talking to his football before taking aim at his target (a chair):
"Football, don't fail me now!"

1 comment:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

I love all the quotes. I laughed out loud several times. :o) Looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks!