Thursday, August 22, 2013

The most famous painter I know

Even if he's the only real painter, I know, I still think he's pretty awesome. I just wanted to give a shout-out to my friend and co-worker, John Vander Stelt. Not only is he the creative genius behind all things Pizza Ranch and lots of recognizable graphic design work (hello, Northwestern College logo and the fighting Dutchman mascot), he is also an acclaimed fine art painter. Plus he laughs at my jokes sometimes at work, so that puts him on the "awesome" list.

This week he installed his latest painting in the new Northwestern College Learning Commons. We got a tour of the new library/learning center and an explanation from John on the meaning behind the painting. I won't try to put it in my own words, but you can follow his blog as he documents the process. Be sure you check out this painting in the Learning Commons along with his piece in the Prairie Winds Event Center. He also has a website where you can check out his gallery of work.

No comments: