Saturday, June 28, 2014

Boyden Bash

The City of Boyden celebrated 125 years this weekend and had tons of activities. We had a fun grill-out at one of my HS friends' parents house on Friday where we got to see old friends and all their cute kids (14 kids under 5!!). I of course don't have any pictures but as soon as I get one from Cheri (yes, she was there with her camera), I'll post it.

On Saturday, Adam had a tournament so I took the kids to the parade and met up with my sister's family. The kids LOVED the parade. We knew it was going to be good when they were jumping up and down and waving with the first ambulance and were excited for their first handout--a brochure on the fire station.  There was LOTS of candy and other fun giveaways and they loved the trucks, tractors, and just friendly people waving!





 After the parade, I took the boys down to the park where they played for a while and then Ryan went through the inflatable obstacle course twice. It was a "race" style but he just went on his own while some older kids (and some smaller kids) barreled past him even though they started in the rounds after him.  It made me smile though to see him sitting at the top of the last tall slide chanting to himself "I can do it, I can do it" (Last time he was on a tall inflatable slide, Aunt Kim ended up having to go up to the top to get him!) He had a lot of fun but decided he didn't want to eat at the park and Cohen was just about falling asleep in the stroller so we decided to head home instead of waiting for some of the other activities to start. I had to wake them both up after 3 hour naps that afternoon!
Thanks, Boyden, for a great weekend of activities!

No comments: