Thursday, February 11, 2010

Before They Were Famous

I love when actors show up on other TV shows either "before" they were famous, or "after" they were famous.  I love watching old reruns and seeing people we recognize now in some of their first acting roles. I remember a scene on The Cosby Show with Theo and his friends in the locker room and one of his teammates is Adam Sandler!  Other famous people who appeared on the show include Alicia Keyes (one of Rudy's friends at a sleepover) and Sinbad as a used car salesman.

Tonight on The Mentalist (great show), the lawyer at the end of the show representing the slimy middle manager is the guy who played Martin Kendall, Denise's military husband, on Cosby! I also see Rudy's bff/bf Kenny on a few shows and, embarrassingly, recognized him in "Not Another Teen Movie".

I also had a revelation one day that Miss Bliss, the teacher on Saved By The Bell, the Junior High Years, is the grown-up version of the twin girls from the original Parent Trap!

Can you think of other examples of seeing actors "before" or "after" they were famous?

5 comments:

The Van Aartsen Adventures said...

Took me a while to realize that Violet on Saved By the Bell is actually Tori Spelling.

.....and how about DJ's boyfriend, Steve on Full House is the voice of Aladdin.

I am sure there are more, but thats all I can think of right now!

The Van Aartsen Adventures said...

Just thought of one.... remember the show Singled Out on MTV? Donkey Lips from Salute your Shorts was a contestant once that I can remember

cobo said...

hahaha Donkey Lips. That makes me laugh! Remember Melody, the lifeguard from "Hey Dude"? She is Christine Taylor--wife of Ben Stiller (and in Dodgeball, other movies with him).

The Van Aartsen Adventures said...

as I was rocking peanut this morning at you know, around 4:00 am I remembered that Cory Matthews from Boy Meets World and Kevin Arnold from The Wonder Years are brothers in real life.

MT said...

the girl on saved by the bell - not Kelly or Lisa - the other one (oh, yeh it is Jessie) - is Heratio Cane's ex-wife on CSI Miami. And Darlene's boyfriend (off of Rosanne) is Leonard on the Big Bang Theory. Of course, there's Doogie Howser (sp?) now on How I Met Your Mother. Hmmmm... now you got me thinking.