Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ice Cream is a Staple Food

Long day = short rambling post

I got home from work at 8 tonight and skipped the grocery trip I had planned for the way home in order to see my child before he went to sleep. Now I'll have to do the dreaded Friday after work grocery shopping, but it can't be helped. I hate shopping at that time because by the end of the week, I just want to GO HOME, it is semi-busy as people stock up for the weekend, and most of the ad specials are out of stock. My money is on the fact that there won't be any more pails of Vanilla Blue Bunny Ice Cream for $4.99. Maybe New York Vanilla, French Vanilla, or a Chocolate/Vanilla mix, all of which are silver medalists but still on the podium when it comes to the Ice Cream Olympics.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about different kinds of ice cream. One of my favorite places to babysit was my aunt & uncle's house because they always bought the Well's Blue Bunny flavor of the month and the kids (who are now in grad school and a Senior in HS--yes, I'm old) got to eat ice cream as a special treat when they had a babysitter.  So, I'm not against trying new things, but Vanilla ice cream is a staple in our household. Adam eats it with Double Stuff Oreos and there is nothing like warmed up brownies with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup. Also, I use it to make caramel roll topping. So you see, it is a breakfast food.

Ice Cream is a complete necessity, Dave Ramsey, and I will make an ice cream envelope if I have to.

2 comments:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Is there a big difference between New York Vanilla, French Vanilla and regular Vanilla? I'm not enough of an ice cream connoisseur to know. I'm just about done with the pail in my chest freezer. I think it has been there for at least 6 months. I don't go through a lot of ice cream. Plus it's a big deterrent when you have to go all the way downstairs for a scoop or two. I've had the image of your homemade caramel rolls in my head ever since you posted it and it makes my mouth water. I'd make some for myself, but I'd have to eat the whole pan. Hmmm...

P.S. I've been a bit disgusted b/c I bought a plastic oval container of Blue Bunny Peanut Butter Panic and the container has been cracking and coming apart. It is currently being held together with several pieces of packing tape. I think it was cracked before I even bought it b/c the texture of the ice cream isn't good and it's very hard to scoop. But I'm too Dutch to throw it out. Maybe it will be gone by June. ;o)

cobo said...

Surprise! They had vanilla, French Vanilla, New York Vanilla, Hi Lite Vanilla, and Vanilla/Chocolate! Hooray!