Monday, May 31, 2010

Abraham Lincoln

We attended the Memorial Day services in Hull and were intrigued listening to the speaker, Mr. Stan De Haan, who is an Abraham Lincoln presenter. He delivered a first-person speech about our 16th president's life. I had seen Stan before but really enjoyed his presentation and his uncanny resemblance to Abraham Lincoln. He was kind enough to take some pictures with Ryan after the service.

Stan farms near Newkirk, Iowa and travels with his wife giving speeches about Abraham Lincoln. He has won all 4 of the Abe Lincoln look-alike contests that he's entered and you can see why! Below is a clip of Mr. De Haan at the contest held in Lincoln's birthplace, Hodgenville, KY. Click here and scroll to the bottom of the page for more information and contact information for Stan De Haan.

1 comment:

Cervical cancer is a S.T. D said...

This video is awesome and magical. I am trying to paint a picture of President Lincoln speaking to someone. So I am looking for various face and mouth positions. I wish I could pause the video for a better look at his face. I hope my comment goes thru this time.