Saturday, December 19, 2009

Almond Bark (Series Introduction)

During my Friday night Fareway run, I had a sudden urge to do all sorts of holiday baking. And by baking I mean dipping everything in sight in almond bark.  That may not be gourmet holiday fare for some folks, but 'round these parts, it is prime time holiday treat. Almond bark-dipping is to Christmas as deep-fat-frying is to State Fairs. Anything goes.

This baking spree could have gone very, very badly if Ryan had been as crabby as he was while trying to do the apricot cookie strips, but bless his heart, he seemed cooperative...


...and the dipping commenced.

Since there are really no "recipes" to this, I'll try to just illustrate in a few poorly lighted photos and comment if I have any tips or tricks used for each technique. Use them at your own risk.

No comments: