Thursday, December 31, 2009

Analyze This

I installed Google Analytics on my blog yesterday, just for kicks and giggles. I guess I didn't think I spent enough time analyzing sales data at work, creating spreadsheets with more colors than a 64-count box of Crayolas, and organizing/analyzing every aspect of my life down to the finest minutia of my spending habits. So, I now have untold amounts of data about how many people view my blog, how long they spend and how they arrived on my site.

I don't have a lot of data so far, but I couldn't help but laugh that in the first 24 hours of data, I had 13 unique visitors. Ten typed in the URL directly (or had it bookmarked more likely), 2 entered from the blogrolls of my sister or co-worker, and one landed on the UUHH...WHAT? blog by typing the following search into Google:

"almond bark not melting right"

How fitting.

2 comments:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

I want that, too (since I don't over-analyze anything either--just ask Cheryl after our discussion about bathroom fixtures this afternoon). How do you do it? Let me guess...you Google it. ;o)

Anonymous said...

haha That's awesome! Does it tell you specifically who views? I feel like I need to be more discreet now or something. Like, come into your blog in stealth mode.