Sunday, December 27, 2009

Monday Christmas Madness

We postponed my family Christmas until Monday when my sister and her family could make the trip but this meant I had to work all day while everyone else hung out with the kids (well, my dad had to work on the farm of course and Adam and Wade went ice fishing, but I wasn't jealous of them, I think I'd rather work). We all ate lunch together and then had our traditional bread bowl soups at night. We also had the largest spread of junk food snacks I'd ever seen for only 8 adults. But I shouldn't have been surprised by that. Ryan had a big day so he conked out and slept through all the presents at night.  Here's a few pictures from the evening. I don't have a picture of Wade's awesome Christmas sweater, but when I get one, it might deserve a post of its own.


Our first Christmas as a family of three!


Auntie Abbie loves holding Ryan...


...Emily, not so much.


She was better at opening everyone's presents for them.


We tried to get a picture of all three little ones with Grandpa and Grandma.


That went over like green ketchup.

After all the presents and the eating (oh, the eating), we decided to stay overnight since I had to work in town in the morning. It was an interesting night spent in my old bedroom in the basement...2 adults, 1 baby and 1 dog in a room with a double bed and pack & play, but it was a cozy Christmas and I was so happy our whole family could be together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Ryan is more upset in the last pic because Emily tried to pluck his eyeball out in the previous pic! lol