Friday, December 24, 2010

Iowa 1,2,3

 "Look, Ryan! You got a present in the mail from Daddy's cousin in Alaska! Let's see what it is!

It's a counting board book called Alaska 1 2 3 Colors and Numbers by Shannon Cartwright! Thanks Cousin Robbie & family!

I wonder why no one writes Iowa 1 2 3 Colors and Numbers?

Oh, this is why:

 Iowa 1 2 3 Colors and Numbers, by Cobo
  1. One brown pony munching on some hay
  2. Two black crows who have a lot to say
  3. Three gray squirrels looking for nuts to hide
  4. Four purple geodes that are really sparkly inside
  5. Five pink pigs rolling in the mud
  6. Six green pastures where cattle chew their cud
  7. Seven Eastern goldfinch sitting in a tree
  8. Eight white blizzards make it impossible to see
  9. Nine golden walleye swimming in a lake
  10. Ten red bug bites where mosquitoes did partake
  11. Eleven Orange Monarchs migrating in the fall
  12. Twelve degrees the average temp...it's chilly...wear a shawl
    Sorry, I got tired there toward the end.

    Copyright prevents me from posting the original poem in the Alaska book so you'll just have to trust me when I say it's closer to "much" than "slightly" on the "how much better it is than my Iowa poem Scale"

    Feel free to share with other Iowegians, but don't try to publish it.

    I'll sue your "Go Hawks" socks off.

    No comments: