Saturday, December 4, 2010

Winterfest 2010

Today was the annual Winterfest celebration in my Hometown. Ryan got to spend much of the day at Grandpa and Grandma's while I went to a brunch at my parent's church and then worked the Gingerbread House Contest. Ryan did come down for a while to try a picture with Santa. This did not go well. As soon as we got used to the man in red, he started panicking. The swimming in air to get back to my shoulder while looking frightened panicking. He never would sit on Santa's lap and we ended up with a quick photo of me holding him while he's crying right next to Santa. At least I'll have proof of his reaction year-by-year! Silly kid!

He was much happier just walking around with Grandpa and Grandma. He got to see a lot of the vendor fair and took a picture with me up on the stage where the public was viewing and voting on the Gingerbread House creations. Maybe in a few years he'll be able to play some games at the Carnival and sit nicely on Santa's lap, but I think we'll wait a few more before we attempt the chili cookoff with this kid.





No comments: