Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mike & Lisa's Wedding

Saturday was the day of the wedding. After swimming, we got dressed up for a family picture, Ryan managed to fall down and split his lip open right before pictures and was officially D-O-N-E with being quite, cooperative, and dressed up. After a quick run through "Old Donald's" we ate at the hotel and then we managed to get Ryan to sleep. I ran back and forth to run through our song one more time (Adam and I sang "Love of my Life" by Jim Brickman/Michael W. Smith), then his dad and I headed to the ceremony. Adam's mom graciously offered to watch Ryan during the wedding and we decided it would be easier to watch him sleep in a comfy hotel bed than keep him entertained in a church basement. The wedding was beautiful and people said our song sounded good, so that was a relief. Besides church choir, I've sung in public exactly 3 times since high school: once in a production at UNI, in my own wedding, and in my sister Abbie's wedding, so it had been a few years since I'd had a microphone in hand.
 See all those handsome men in pink ties? (Adam is the third guy from the left)

These were the socks they were wearing:


No comments: