Sunday, March 11, 2012

Smoothies

As the weather's turned nicer, I've found a great treat to have as a snack that is actually pretty nutritious. This recipe is not very exact and I change it every time, but it makes about 3/4 of a glass for 2 adults and about a 1/2 cup for a toddler. It's filling enough that I don't need a huge amount.
  1. Fill blender 1/3 full with crushed iced from the freezer.-I let the freezer do half the ice-chopping because I don't have a Blend-Tec blender than can blend an entire Justin Bieber collection.
  2. Add half a container of partially-thawed frozen sliced strawberries (about 3/4 cup?) - can substitute other frozen fruit like raspberries or blueberries, or can add some sliced bananas.
  3. Add 1 small carton of flavored yogurt - I usually use strawberry, but we had Raspberry Lemonade flavor one day that was good.
  4. Add about 1/2 cup of orange juice or other juice- more or less depending on how thick you want it.
  5. Blend, then serve in glasses with a straw. Cheers!


No comments: