Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cat Cupcakes

After finishing "If You Give a Cat a Cupcake," there was really only one thing to do...go to the beach and collect 187 things in a sand pail. But, since we're under a wind chill advisory, we decided to bake and decorate cupcakes instead.  Ryan helped make Sour Cream Chocolate Cupcakes in the morning--we made both regular size and minis.

"Mini-cupcakes? As in the mini version of regular cupcakes? Which is already a mini version of cake? Honestly, where does it end with you people?"   ~Kevin Malone from The Office
We started decorating after lunch. After watching him frost a few (and lick the knife in between attempts--how could I forget this from our Christmas cookies?), I decided he would exclusively be in charge of sprinkles after I piped on the icing.  

He actually did a great job putting sprinkles on all the minis and I ended up frosting the big ones myself after he went downstairs for a 2-hour nap sneaking up the stairs under his comforter thinking this would surely fool me.  He got to eat 2 little ones he frosted before lunch and I think he approved.


Adam confirmed that they taste pretty darn good.

Even the mini ones.

No comments: