Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Christmas Card/Baby Announcement


Tips: I created this card as a 5x7 collage using the free photo editing software Picasa. I made a collage of my pictures (and of a blue box I had saved as an image) and then used the text tool to add the words.  After saving as a JPG, I uploaded to Winkflash.com and waited until they had a sale on 5x7 prints for $0.10 each (code given exclusively on their facebook page). I had to buy envelopes that fit a 5x7 separately, but it was still much cheaper to buy this way rather than pay $.90-$1.40 per card for templated holiday cards.

Photo credits: Ryan's 3-year-old photos and Cohen's newborn photos were taken by Southern Belle Portraiture. (I highly recommend this photographer!) Our family photo was by Hill's Photo Center in Sioux Center and they did a great job with our extended family as well. In all cases, a CD of the digital files was purchased which gave us the copyright to print our own pictures.

No comments: