Friday, August 22, 2014

Boston-Tourist Attractions

I went to Boston to attend a user's summit at one of my vendors for work. With the help of a steady dose of Zofran, this trip went much better than the Orlando trip and I didn't throw up once! I did survive on very little sleep with 2 early flights including leaving at 3:30am for Sioux Falls after finding out at 10:30pm that my 6:10am flight out of Sioux City had been canceled.

I arrived in Boston by early afternoon and even though I just felt like crashing for a nap, I tried to take advantage of a few afternoon hours to go see the city. I bought a trolley ticket online (save lots of $ that way!) and used the Hotel Shuttle to reach Copley Square. Although I only got off the trolley at 2 stops, I saw many interesting things. If I had a whole day, I'd recommend the other trolley company (Old Town Trolleys) and would get off on more stops to look around. Here are some pictures with captions of what I could remember:

Beacon Hill

Selfie at Trinity Church

Trinity Church

Tea Party Boat

Steinway & Sons

Steeple

Massachusetts State House

Old State house (side)

Old State House (front)

Old State House from across street

Site of the Boston Massacre

Library
No idea what this is :)

Or this

Cheers replica bar
Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill Bridge
Entrance to Boston Commons

Feed the birds!

Swan Boats

Real swans

George Washington Statue
After a few hours, I headed back to the hotel and realized I hadn't eaten in about 11 hours so I relaxed at the hotel with a decent meal (you can't beat Iowa beef) and then tried to get some sleep for the next busy day.



View from my 16th floor balcony

View from my room


No comments: