Thursday, October 29, 2009

5! Do I hear 10? 10! Do I hear 15?....


For the Auction, I made a big batch of Monster Cookies with "Ghoul Mix" M&M's and then stacked 6 cookies in a trick-or-treat bag from Dollar General. I made a quick tag and attached with green curling ribbon. Hopefully my "marketing" of the cookies will help bring in a higher price! In past years, I found that putting homemade bread and cookie in cute baskets or bags helped them sell better.




Combined with my 4 plates of frosted pumpkin cookies, I am hoping my baking hobby brings in some cash for our church's Women of Worship mission fund. I am excited about going to the auction tonight and seeing what goodies we can come home with. In past years we've purchased homemade salsa, hand-stitched dish towels, and bags of softener salt. I'm not quite over being out-bid on a jar of hot fudge sauce two years ago. Fair warning, people, this year I'm ALL IN!

No comments: