Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Soup's On


It was my mom's birthday today and she came up to have lunch with me at The Porch on Main. We ended up eating with a friend and her daughter and had a lot of fun. I highly recommend the broccoli cheese soup. Although there aren't a lot of broccoli cheese soups I don't like. Except McDonald's. Theirs is terrible.
The Porch is a cute little ice cream parlor that serves lunch, coffee and also sells lots of cute home decor and now Iowa wine! It's the type of place I wish I could eat at more often, but as it only serves lunch and I rarely go out to eat on Saturday, I don't frequent it often. Plus face it, I am cheap. I rarely go out to eat period, unless we are on the road.  I really should support our local places more, though, so hopefully I can make it more of a habit (or a treat) to grab a mocha, some soup, or ice cream from The Porch. They also have really cute decor, but again as I am so cheap and don't buy much for my house that isn't from a garage sale, I'll have to keep it to gifts for others.


The good news on Ryan is that he slept the longest period ever last night--over 4 hours. The bad news is it was from 1:15-5:30 and he was wide awake until 1:15. This mommy hasn't been up that late since college (or a Small Group Christmas party :).  He slept most of the day today so I'm thinking it could be a long night and I already watched SYTYCD and Glee. I may have to dive into my new library books. I am trying to make the time nursing into a perk by actually having time to read books since I no longer have my commuting time to listen to them. I just finished Dedication by the same authors as The Nanny Diaries and am starting to read a 50th Anniversary version of Orwell's Animal Farm.

But, right now Sleepy Bug is oblivious to the world in Adam's arms, so I think I will beat him to bed and get some sleep before he wakes up and wants to be fed. Tomorrow is his 2 week check-up so we'll see how much the little dude weighs and all that jazz. Good night!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I'm glad you "said" you had fun yesterday. I feel bad that it was your mom's birthday and we took forever finishing our lunch, rather, Elsa took forever. It was great to see you anyway...you look fantastic. I always remember how great the feeling was of being able to wear somewhat normal clothes again. Hope Ryan's appt. went well today. He is such a handsome little guy!