Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sold!

On Thursday we attended the Harvest Auction and Ryan did great sleeping through all the bidding!  I even got a slice of my own French Silk Pie and it confirmed I will be making that again. The auction went well and my cookies brought in some good prices. It's nice to see your efforts pay off to raise some money for missions. We bid on a few items and I am kicking myself for not going higher on a large bottle of pure vanilla (it is my "hot fudge sauce" of 2009), but we did get some nice things.
We scored a jar of Strawberry Jam and Peach Jam, which I had my eye on since the beginning. Granted it won't taste good on the actual slice of bread I have pictured since that is Cheddar Chive bread, but I'll make some homemade white bread soon so we can enjoy the jam. The other nice thing we got was a tile with metallic vinyl lettering on it that says "Always Give Thanks". I don't have many fall decorations and it looks nice on our mantel.

No comments: