Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin Cookies


This week I've been attempting to get some things ready for the church's Harvest Auction. I'll post pics of the rest of the food later, but here's the rundown on the 3-day process of making pumpkin cookies.

Monday, I made the dough in the morning and baked the cookies in the afternoon, wrecking my stand mixer in the process--do not attempt to mix lard into sugar cookie dough! I used 2 sizes of pumpkin cookie cutters from my box of 101 cookie cutters. I was disappointed they didn't have any leaves or other "Fall" things, only Halloween, but it's probably better I just stuck with the simple pumpkins. Tuesday I made the frosting and got them all orange-frosted. I started with the decorations, but had to leave for a board meeting. My wonderful mother-in-law washed my dishes for me while they were watching Ryan--wow, was that a blessing! Butter cream frosting made with Crisco and butter is never fun to clean out of decorating tools!

Wednesday night I waited for reinforcements (Adam to be home to take care of Ryan) before I finished frosting. I made 4 slightly different designs but limited myself to only white and green frosting--less clean-up!


Since I had a little extra green frosting and was feeling my creativity slightly squashed (pun intended) by having to keep my designs "harvesty" instead of "Halloweeny", I quickly decorated the leftover "screw-up" cookies that I saved for Adam and I to eat.




Happy Harvest!

2 comments:

Hayley Mae said...

Soo cute!! I love them!!

Anonymous said...

Your baked goods look so yummy! And I'm impressed by all that you have been doing since Ryan was born. You are much more ambitious than I was in the first weeks following Genevieve's birth!

Karena