Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chicago Day 2

8:00 am Conference Room
People start talking...

6:45 pm Conference Room
...people stop talking.

8:30pm Michigan Ave.
After meeting during the "networking cocktails" event, two other restaurant attendees and I decide the to brave a chilly walk to find something more than hors d'oeuvres.

9:00pm Cheesecake Factory
We hoof it all the way down to this fine eating establishment where we're told the wait is 30 minutes. Thankfully, there is a table in the bar and we promptly order and eat while sharing insight into each of our jobs. Meeting these 2 was the most helpful part of the conference.

10:30pm Sheraton Hotel & Towers
We cabbed it back. It was cold.

I do not have any pictures from Day 2. I could have taken a picture of the giant Marilyn Monroe statue we went past, but didn't want to look too much like a tourist. Not that my sensible shoes didn't already give me away.



No comments: