Thursday, April 5, 2012

Chicago Day 4

5:00am My bed
Wait, no, that's not right...that must be where I WISHED I was. Much too early!

6:00am Cab
Having run out of motion-sickness patches, I gritted my teeth and tried to will-power through this 30-minute cab ride. It was not great, but I realize 6am is a much better time to be trying to get to O'Hare than the time I have been doing it for the past 4 years (5:00pm on the Thursday before Memorial Day).

6:45am Aunti Annie's Pretzel Place
The 70ish lady behind me ordered a Nathan's hot dog wrapped in an Auntie Annie's pretzel with Nacho Cheese sauce to dip it in. Breakfast of Champions. I, on the other had, opted for a much-healthier paper cup of cinnamon-sugar pretzel sticks and a Vitamin Water.

8:00am Gate E5
Play "Guess who's from South Dakota"...and watch CNN.

10:00am Sioux Falls Regional Airport
Collect my bag (which is making it's first trip around THE baggage carousel the moment I walk in. (Did I mention I love this airport?) and head on home.

12:00pm Home
Make myself a grilled cheese sandwich and eat an apple. My body can only take so much fancy food/dining out. Sometimes I crave simplicity more than anything.

12:45pm Desk
Back at work!

Thus ends my adventure in Chicago! I learned a lot, even if some of it was "geek speak" over my head, met some good people, got to see my friend and cousin, but missed my family and got way behind on work. But, sometimes, it's good to mix it up a bit and expand my horizons. I'm sure I'll be back soon!

No comments: