Sunday, January 29, 2012

Birdhouse Cake

 I call this one "White Cake is for the birds"  
(I'm a chocolate fan, but thought I should provide two different kinds for my grandma's birthday open-house.)

I made things up as I went, but here's the general directions:
  1. Bake a cake in a 9x13 pan, removed from pan and let cool on wire rack.
  2. Cut cake in half and stack the two layers (without frosting)
  3. Cut the roof line using a serrated bread knife.
  4. Unstack and cut a round whole in one layer.
  5. Frost the top of the layer without the hole.
  6. Restack, the frost the entire outside of the cake and decorate!

2 comments:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Cute and very yummy looking! I wish I could be there (I bet my kids do, too)!

Susan @ RealLifeTravels said...

Wow looks great and Delicious!