I call this one "White Cake is for the birds"
(I'm a chocolate fan, but thought I should provide two different kinds for my grandma's birthday open-house.)
I made things up as I went, but here's the general directions:
- Bake a cake in a 9x13 pan, removed from pan and let cool on wire rack.
- Cut cake in half and stack the two layers (without frosting)
- Cut the roof line using a serrated bread knife.
- Unstack and cut a round whole in one layer.
- Frost the top of the layer without the hole.
- Restack, the frost the entire outside of the cake and decorate!