Monday, January 2, 2012

Living Room Before and After

I've done a Living Room: Before & After post before, but thought it was time for a little update. If you want close-up pictures of some of the details, see the original post

Living Room Before:
 Living Room After:
Before:
 After:

Before:
After:
(need to find decor for the shelf yet)

Here are few details on where we got most of the decor over the past 6 months:


Diamond Vogel: Paint--it's a tan with a gold tone that we also used in the hallway and stairwell.
Nebraska Furniture Mart: Leather couch and chair, accent chair, end table, entertainment center.
Bed, Bath & Beyond: curtains, accent pillows, four medallions wall decor
Hobby Lobby: Vase and silk flowers, chipboard letters for "Family" wall letters (see this post for more info on how I made these)
Ver Hoef Custom Woodworking: I designed the shelf to match the style of the entertainment center and my mom had Ver Hoef make it for me for Christmas! I love it and can't wait to find things to put on it!

Future plans: We'd love to replace the carpet sometime since it is very stained and a little too light and gray for our taste. I'm still contemplating painting the wall behind the TV an accent color, but not sure which direction to go...purple like the kitchen? blue to match the top of the curtains? I think I'll wait to see what I can find for the shelf to see if that spruces it up enough!


1 comment:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

LOVE all your painting/decorating. All three rooms turned out great. I know it's a lot of dinking and running around, but you really pulled everything together. I am super impressed!